Looking to get a step in the door in a fast paced, future focused tech start-up? Join us in making the world a better place using blockchain technology.
We don’t care about degrees and certifications, we care about how you think and what you know; how quickly you learn and how readily you seek and share knowledge; how you collaborate and what you can help us deliver.
KEEP THIS EMPTY
Head of Blockchain
About the role
We are looking for a Head of Blockchain to join the Centrality technical team, focussing on our Blockchain platform, leading a number of developer squads and the delivery of their projects.
The Head of Blockchain will be someone who is passionate about emerging technologies and has strong experience working with, and leading, technical teams.
In this role, the Head of Blockchain will:
- work closely with the technical leadership team and their team leads to ensure robust architecture, timely delivery and successful integration of projects;
- undertake high level reviews of their squads’ work;
- drive cross-functional collaboration across the teams and wider company, encouraging the sharing of knowledge and experience;
- eventually serve as a company expert in the blockchain area, representing the company at local and international events;
- lead the individuals in the blockchain squads to grow their skills and knowledge;
- encourage and celebrate positive behaviours and successes across the company;
- work with the tech leadership team and their squads to drive a culture of communication, collaboration, learning, innovation and ownership; and
- promote adoption of open-source blockchain technologies with target developer communities.
- be someone who is highly motivated, takes ownership and thrives when working with small teams to implement scalable, high-performing solutions;
- be someone who seeksan environment that encourages innovation and measured risk-taking;
- be a fast learner, excited to develop new skillsandwork well in fast-paced environments;
- be collaborative by nature, willingand ableto give and receive feedback; and
- have a minimum of 5+ years of tech/software industry experiencecollaboratingclosely with product management, architects, developers and QA.
- Solid understanding of, and interest in, cryptography and game theory
- Strong systems thinking abilities
- Experience leading and managing technical teams within Agile and DevOps frameworks
- Excellent communication and interpersonal skills and proven project leadership abilities
- Ablility to have frank conversations, and build effective, trusting, ‘no-bullshit’ relationships
- Experience with Scrum / Agile development methodologies
- Understanding of testing programmes and methodology
- Ability to convey technical and conceptual ideas to non-technical personnel
Nice to have:
From a development background with low level programming (Rust, C++) experience
Experience in a senior engineering role involving product architecture
Exposure to one or more blockchain platforms
Experience working on open source technologies
Experience with smart contracts and blockchain protocol development