Looking to get a step in the door in a fast paced, future focused tech start-up? Join us in making the world a better place using blockchain technology.
We don’t care about degrees and certifications, we care about how you think and what you know; how quickly you learn and how readily you seek and share knowledge; how you collaborate and what you can help us deliver.
KEEP THIS EMPTY
Key Clients / Stakeholders
· Marketing and product teams
· Development team members
· External partners
· Opensource community
The technical team are experts in designing software products built on the PL^G blockchain framework. They are competent in a core technology stack which inclues Rust, NodeJS, Typescript, and React. The teams are critical in delivering our platform and products.
We are looking for a software engineer with an interest in blockchain to join our developer team. As a core developer working on our smart contract blockchain, CENNZnet, this role will help to shape and build the future of the platform, working on it’s open-source code base and proof-of-stake consensus.
You need to be a fast learner and excited to learn new skills and technologies. You should also thrive on autonomy. We hire great people, give them a challenge, and let them do great work.
If working on challenges at the intersection of computer science, game theory, and distributed systems interests you, then this is the role.
In this role, you will:
· Work closely with the Head of Engineering and R&D team to ensure robust architecture and timely delivery;
· Innovate, push the boundaries, seek out the best solutions;
· Pursue general open source growth opportunities and best practices, such as bug-reports, bounties programs, and sandboxes;
· Uphold the patterns and standards of the open source projects that they maintain and contribute to, while supporting the community of developers to meet these same expectations; and
· Write or contribute to technical blog posts to inform readers of Centrality’s technical updates;
Key Objectives/ Outcomes
· Contribute to business requirements and technical specification documents;
· Develop software to meet agreed technical and design specifications to a high-quality, with little supervision;
· Make contributions to product architecture;
· Effectively review other developers’ code;
· Thoroughly test software and logs defects including – Unit Tests, Integration Tests, Performance Testing;
· Provide on-call support to applications in production when necessary; and
· Create Intellectual Property (as defined in section 30 of the Employment Agreement) on behalf of and for the benefit of the Employer.
Knowledge & Experience
· Highly skilled in a number of relevant programming languages, e.g. Jave, Go, C++, Rust;
· Understanding of robust testing programmes and methodology.
· Experience working with open source communities on projects as a Leader, Maintainer and Contributor;
· Ability to have frank conversations, and build effective, trusting relationships;
· Experience with Scrum / Agile development methodologies; and
Relevant qualification or relevant work experience.
Key Work Behavioural Competencies
· Highly motivated, takes ownership and thrives when working in small teams to implement scalable, high-performing solutions;
· Outgoing and engaging, able to build or bring together a strong community of developers;
· Excellent verbal and non-verbal communication skills: asks questions, is transparent, keeps people updated;
· Strong relationship building and relationship management skills: is respectful, supportive, inclusive and flexible;
· Action driven: focuses on core responsibilities, is proactive, shows initiative and delivers on objectives and timelines;
· Effective collaboration abilities: listens, trusts and shares, shows readiness to take on or give up responsibilities as needed;
· Learning focussed: continually develops technical and non-technical skills and knowledge, seeks feedback; and
· High integrity: always operates with the best interests of the company in mind.
Empowerment, Integrity, Inclusion, Courage
Contributing to health and safety at work by identifying, reporting and controlling hazards and promptly reporting any accident/incident.
Complying with company policies and Code of Conduct.
Upward Career Pathway
Senior, Team Lead
Head of Department
This Position Description is intended to provide a general framework and a delivery mechanism for the business. The Position Description may change as our business needs evolve. Other duties and desired outcomes may and can arise from the workflow generated. In line with our expectations, all team members, where skills and knowledge allow, are expected to take on work as allocated in direct consultation with their manager or business heads.